Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Angels (Nurses) Part 1

Nurses
You looked at me through a mother's eyes....not an experienced-put-my-emotions-aside person....
You felt my love, my fear, my drive........
 You took time to sit with me......and talk with me about things other than the pain
 I saw you hold Austins hand and gently rub his face, I saw you stop and stare at him for a long time and look at him as if he was your own.....I wasn't sleeping. I felt your love.
You asked me if I want a burger...and brought me one
 You tweaked things to fit our need....
 You weren't working, you were just my friend
 You lovingly argued with other nurses because you wanted to take care of Austin
 You stood firm with me as I debated with doctors and challenged them
 You took the time to get to know me, my personality, and my passion for my son...and you saw me as a mom trying her best.....
 You could read my face in a single glance and knew that the blood pressure check would need to wait
 You hugged me as Austin Coded
 You cried with me
You shared things about your family
You hugged your children tighter
You celebrated Austin's accomplishments
You followed us on facebook or caringbridge
You  prayed for us
You came to pay your last respects as Austin got closer to God
You came to his funeral
You loved him
You lay in bed and think of him
You worry about me
You dont feel like an angel......You make mistakes and you find flaws in yourself......you second guess and stress.....You are overworked and exhausted
..But you
You are my angel just as Austin is yours

Thank you
Please take a minute to thank the nurses you know.......
Here are a few of the many nurses that saved my life and Austin's
Angels






No comments:

Post a Comment